The Montgomery Building was erected in 1841 and added to in 1845 by Alexander Montgomery, son of Gen. Wm Montgomery. It sat on the corner of Bloom and Mill Streets, where the FNB Bank now stands. It was once occupied by various stores such as MC Grier’s drug store, AF Russell Dry Goods and the office of the Danville Democrat newspaper. In April 1848 the entire building was destroyed by a fire. Mr. Montgomery rebuilt the building the same year and it became one the prominent buildings in the center of Danville’s business area.
|Early Photo of The William Montgomery House|
|The William Montgomery House Today|
|The Mooresburg Schoolhouse|